Research Assistant/Associate-Vaccines & Diagnostics
Bioo Scientific is a rapidly growing biotech company that develops and manufactures cutting edge products for the life science and food and feed industries. Bioo Scientific is currently seeking a motivated scientific professional to join our new Animal Health group, with a particular focus on studies related to infectious disease models.
We are seeking an individual with a degree in Biochemistry, Cellular Biology or other closely related field. Prior experience with cell culture and monoclonal antibody manufacturing is preferable. The candidate will work independently on R&D projects and report to a product manager. The candidate should have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to problem solve and effectively discuss data at meetings. Data organization and presentation is an important part of the position. Responsibilities of the Research Assistant will include some animal handling, cell culture, ELISA, cell fusions and hybridoma maintenance, and lateral flow/dipstick assay development.
- A Bachelor or Master/Ph.D degree in a scientific discipline
- A minimum of 1-2 years of related laboratory experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and scientific data/graphics programs
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Ability to perform multiple scientific protocols and procedures under direction
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, and accuracy
- Must be self-motivated, organized and be able to work on teams
- Willingness to work with various animal models, including mice and rabbits
- Experience working under Biosafety Level 2 or 3 (BL2/BL3) conditions
- Experience and skills with tissue culture, in vivo animal models, and immunology assays like ELISA, cytokine assays, etc
- Working knowledge of flow cytometry
Other information about the position: Full-time position (40 hours per week) with benefits (paid time off, medical benefits, 401(k), etc.). Some flexibility in daily hours, with expectation that employee will work 8 hours per day, scheduled between hours of 8 am and 6:30 pm. Will only expected to work weekends or evenings in rare circumstances. Seeking employee capable of working independently without requiring extensive “micro-management” from supervisor.
Information about Bioo Scientific: We are a growing biotech company located in Southeast Austin. We develop and market products for the food safety market and for life science research. The current position is mainly related to life science R&D. The work environment is quite informal in terms of things like dress code and managerial hierarchy, but with high expectations for employees to work to their full capacity with minimal supervision.
Please send resume including detailed description of experience using above techniques. Also please summarize your relevant academic history, especially including laboratory coursework. If selected for further consideration, we will request a copy of your academic transcripts for post-secondary school work (including work from community colleges and other institutions of higher learning).
Please send your application to: email@example.com or Bioo Scientific/Human Resources, 7050 Burleson Rd, Austin, TX 78744