High sensitivity with low detection limit
- Easily integrated into existing cell culture parameters
- User-friendly manual
- High compatibility across a broad range of cell lines
- Can be used with media containing high serum concentrations with confidence
- A robust enzyme-based assay
- Does not require expensive instrumentation
- Highly reproducible results
- Specially formulated BIOO Booster reagent significantly improves assay signal
- Measure absorbance in UV spectrum (340 nm)
Lactate Dehydrogenase (LDH) is a ubiquitously-expressed intracellular enzyme which catalyzes the reversible oxidation of lactate to pyruvate. Since LDH is predominantly in the cytosol, the enzyme is released into the supernatant upon cell damage or lysis. Therefore, this enzyme can be used to detect cytotoxicity and cell number in in vitro cell culture systems. Therefore, monitoring levels of LDH enzyme has become a routine and fundamental means of investigating the cytotoxicity effects of experimental drug formulations and cell transfection.
The MaxDiscovery™ Lactate Dehydrogenase (LDH) Cytotoxicity Assay Kit is a colorimetric plate-based assay to directly determine the amount of Lactate Dehydrogenase enzyme in cultured cell supernatant samples. This kit enables biomedical researchers to determine accurate LDH levels in cultured cell supernatants from a broad range of cell lines. The assay utilizes a simple, proven colorimetric (UV) enzymatic assay to specifically detect LDH.
The MaxDiscovery™ Lactate Dehydrogenase (LDH) Cytotoxicity Assay Kit can be used to:
- Quantify cell-mediated cytotoxicity
- Identify mediators that induce cytolysis
- Determine the cytotoxic potential of compounds
- Detect cell death in bioreactors
The MaxDiscovery™ Lactate Dehydrogenase (LDH) Cytotoxicity Assay Kit has the capacity for 192 determinations or testing of 84 samples in duplicate (using 12 wells for serially-diluted standards). Upon receipt of the kit, store the standards and buffer at -20°C and the remainder of the kit at 4°C. Once the LDH Reagent Mix is reconstituted the shelf life of the kit is 3 months when properly stored.