- Sensitive Zilpaterol detection - 2 ppb for feed, 0.5 ppb for milk , 0.1 ppb for meat, liver and kidney and 0.5 ppb for urine
- Organic reagent-free extraction method with high recovery rates 75 - 95%
- Faster results – As little as 2 hours from sample to results
- Saves money - No expensive instrumentation required
- Easy, high recovery sample preparation
- Consistent, reproducible results
The MaxSignal® Zilpaterol ELISA Test Kit is a competitive enzyme immunoassay for the quantitative analysis of Zilpaterol in feed, meat/liver/kidney, milk and urine. Zilpaterol (Zilmax) is one of the major ß-agonists. It can improve the meat/fat ratio in fattened animals and accelerate livestock growth. Zilpaterol can be legally used in Mexico and South Africa as a cattle feed additive but is banned from use in the EU, Asia and other countries. The Government of South Africa has set zilpaterol maximum residue limits for fat, kidney, liver, and muscle at 0.3, 14, 22 and 1.2 ppb, respectively. The amount of Zilpaterol residues can be determined by methods such as GC-MS or LC-MS-MS. However, these traditional methods usually require very expensive preparation procedures. Alternatively, enzyme immunoassay (ELISA) can be used as a screening system, which is simple, rapid, sensitive and cost-effective compared with traditional methods.
This kit is manufactured to the international quality standard ISO 9001:2008.
PLATE: 1 x 96 well (Removable 8 wells x 12 strips)
MEASUREMENT: microtiter plate reader (450 nm)
TESTS PER KIT: The kit has the capacity for 96 determinations or testing of 42 samples in duplicate
STANDARDS: 0 / 0.03 / 0.1 / 0.3 / 0.9 / 2.7
RECOVERY RATE: 75-95%
INCUBATION TIME: 75 minutes
SHELF LIFE & STORAGE: 12 months when properly stored.